TL;DR - Information we collect
We collect the following user information and store that on our servers:
- Lieper Books collects information related to Name, Username and Email to uniquely identify each individual user of the mobile application.
- Lieper Books collects information related to Gender and Date of Birth to categorize each user and show them similar content for better and relevant experience while using the mobile application.
- Lieper Books required and stores the Address and Location of the user so that it may confirm the service availability and calculate the shipping charges (if any) for different items.
- Lieper Books does not share any of the above collected information with any third-party system or service, except the Location and Address. That is shared with our Logistics Partners oh the placement of an order by the user.
In addition to the above data that Lieper Books stores, the Lieper Books application also requires the following permissions:
Camera (optional) - this permission is:
- Required only when the users might take pictures from the phone's camera and upload them.
- Only used while creating a new post which requires camera access.
- Not used by the application is the background.
Location (optional) - this permission is:
- Used to get the users coarse location to show him content and items from his nearby locations.
- Store his pincode and add that to users address book.
- Not used by the application is the background.
Lieper Books Private Limited ("Lieper" or "we" or "us" or "our") is committed to protecting the privacy
of every information or data that we collect from the visitors, users, and others ("User(s)") who access our
website lieperpublication.com ("Website") and our mobile application under the brand name
Lieper ("Application"), (collectively referred to as "Platform"). Protecting our User’s data is our utmost
collect, use, disclose, maintain and transfer your Information (as defined herein below).
By visiting/accepting this Policy you understand and agree to the collection, use, sharing and processing of your
Personal Information (as defined herein below) in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with the provisions
of this Policy, you may opt out and stop using the Platform at any time to prevent further use of the information shared
by you. In case you are sharing any Personal Information of any other individual, you confirm that the said individual
is aware and has consented to share such information as per the terms of this Policy.
This Policy is extended to all the Users of our Platform as stated hereinafter in the Policy. This Policy was last
updated on 15th of December 2021.
- This Policy is an electronic record in the form of an electronic contract formed under the Indian Contract Act,
1872, and this Policy is published following the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules
made thereunder, specifically, The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and
Sensitive Personal data or Information) Rules, 2011 and the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and
Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021. This Policy does not require any physical, electronic, or digital
signature. This Policy is a legally binding document between you and Lieper.
- We collect your Personal Information and third-party data only to the extent mentioned hereinafter in this
Policy. Your data is handled in compliance with the legal prerequisite of the prevalent laws of India. We ensure
that the Personal Information shared with us through the Platform adheres to the best industry standard to uphold
the fundamental right towards data privacy of our Users.
- The current Policy dictates the data handling practices undertaken by Lieper as on the date mentioned above. We
reserve the right to amend the Policy from time to time. We recommend you to frequently read the Policy to
understand the latest amendments or the updated Policy. Your continued use of our Platform thereafter will imply
your unconditional acceptance of such updates to this Policy.
- By accessing our Platform, you expressly consent to our terms of data handling mechanism mentioned in this
Policy. You further consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information following this updated Policy. This
- Unless otherwise mentioned in this Policy, we do not share any of your Information with any third party without
seeking your prior consent. Any Information furnished to a third party is done following this Policy and within
the legal prerequisites of the governing laws.
The following two types of information ("Information") are collected through our Platform.
A. Personal Information:
The Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information)
Rules, 2011 defines "Personal Information" as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either
directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body
corporate, is capable of identifying such person. The following form of personal information ("Personal
Information") is collected through our Platform:
- Personal Information shall include any and every information that you disclose to Lieper and which may be used to
identify you, directly or indirectly. Such information may include but not be limited to the first name, last
name, gender, date of birth, location, phone number, address, location, email address, content, photograph,
blogs, Financial Information (as defined herein below) or any other Personal Information submitted by you
through our Platform.
- If you choose to connect with us through the email id, phone number or address mentioned on our Platform, we will
retain such Information which you may have submitted to resolve any dispute, address query, provide User
reparation, and troubleshoot problems.
- We collect the aforementioned Personal Information to identify users and to provide a better User Experience.
B. Non-Personal Information:
The following form of Information is termed to be non-personal information ("Non-Personal Information").
- Non-Personal Information means information that is not limited to determine the identity of any individual or
business. Such Information includes but is not limited to your browser type, the URL of the previous websites you
visited, your internet service provider (ISP), operating system, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address, web
browser; connection information; screen resolution, usage statistics, device log and event information, logs,
keywords and metadata of incoming and outgoing calls and messages.
- We may collect information that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a
questionnaire or a survey conducted by Lieper or any individual or business who is given the responsibility to
act on behalf of Lieper. We may use this data to tailor our Platform, improve the performance or content, and to
provide you support and troubleshoot problems within the permissible corner of the governing law.
HOW DO WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE INFORMATION
- We may collect your Information when you sign upon the Application. Such information may include but not be
limited to your name, your phone number, email address. We may also collect your Information if you wish to sign
up through your Google, Facebook or Apple account.
- In the event you have registered as a book store ("Book Store(s)") on our Website to sell books, we may
collect Information from such Book Stores including but not limited to name of the Book Store, your operation
type, name of the authorized representative, designation of the authorized representative, email ID, phone
number, bank account details, and registered address of the Book Store.
- We may collect your financial information when you place order for book(s) which may include but not be limited
to your payment processor related information such as bank account number or credit card number or debit card
number or other payment instrument details, other account and authentication information, location and billing
information (collectively referred to as "Financial Information"). We collect your Financial Information in
order to identify the transactions done by you on the Application. The Financial Information so collected shall
be maintained as per the terms of this Policy.
- In the event a User ("User 1") chooses to avail our service to gift a book by clicking on the gift icon
available next to the "Buy Now" option, for another User ("User 2"), subject to the approval of the request
by User 2, we shall collect the Personal Information of User 2 and Financial Information of User 1. However, in
the event User 2 denies User 1’s request to gift a book, no Information shall be collected in regard to the
- We may collect your Information when you use or interact on our Application which shall include but not be
limited to when you create, share and/or upload content. We may also collect information such as the date of the
photo when it was uploaded, date of the blog when it was created, your opinions, comments, photos, posts, blogs
or any other information that you upload or share on the Application.
- We may collect specific information such as the books that you have read, your review on the books, and any other
content that you may upload or share on the Application.
- We may collect your Information when you connect with pages, hashtags, and groups and how you interact with them
on our Application.
- We may collect your Information about how you use our Application, such as the type of content that you view or
engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time,
frequency and duration of your activities.
- We may collect Information that may be shared by Users through any of the given contact details of Lieper or its
social media handles.
- We may collect your Information when you participate in the surveys and polls conducted by Lieper. It is
voluntary to participate in these surveys or polls. The information is gathered from surveys and polls and used
to make improvements to our Platform.
- Lieper collects device and connection-specific information when you access, or use our Platform. This includes
Information like hardware model, operating system information, signal strength, app version, browser
information, connection information including phone number, mobile operator or ISP, language and time zone, and
- We may collect your anonymized data using third-party analytics software which shall be used to track bugs and
other development related traces and logs.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We may use your Information to carry out obligations arising from your requests on our Application such as when
you place an order on the Application
- We may use your Information to improve the functionality of our Platform, to customize and enhance your future
engagement on the Platform, and in identifying usage trends.
- We may use Information like your full name, address, phone number, email id, or any other contact information for
- We may use your Information for administering our services and diagnose technical problems on the Platform.
- We may use your Information to send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you
by way of emails or contact number, or any other mode of communication. We may also share your preferences or the
services availed by you with your network followers on Lieper for marketing and other promotional activities of
- We may use your Information to enable us to show you ads and recommend books/blogs/posters that are relevant to
- We may contact you on the phone number provided by you to respond and communicate your queries and other
concerns. We may also communicate with you about our current services, new services or promotions and
opportunities that may be available to you.
- We may use your IP address to analyse our web traffic and to ease any technical complication which you may face
while using our Website.
- We may use your Information for any other purpose with your consent.
- We may use your data to track bugs and other development related traces and logs.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Lieper does not rent, sell, or disclose any Personal Information about you with other people or non-affiliated
entities, except with your consent, to provide services you have requested for, unless we believe that such
action is necessary under the following circumstances:
- to comply with the law, or legal process served on us;
- protect and defend our rights and the enforcement of our agreements, to defend against legal claims; or as
otherwise required by law. This may be done in response to a law enforcement agency's request; and
- exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Lieper, our Users or others.
In the event a User chooses to pick-up book(s) directly from a registered Book Store on the Application, we may
share Book Store’s Information to such User to enable the User to avail our services.
In the event a User places an order for book(s) on the Application from an affiliated Book Store in Mumbai, we
may share your Information with the Book Store to enable the Book Store to deliver the ordered book(s) to the
In the event Lieper is facilitating for delivering the books(s) out of Mumbai, we may share your Information with
our logistics partner for enabling them to deliver the book(s) ordered by you.
In the event, if we expand our business, merge or amalgamate or acquire or restructure our business, we might
require to share all or some of your Information with our affiliates. Under such circumstances, Lieper would, to
the extent possible, require the acquiring party to follow the practices described in this Policy. You
acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Lieper may continue to process your Personal
Information as set forth in this Policy.
We may from time to time be required to share the Information collected from you to our trusted third party
service providers who assist us in order to facilitate us for the orders placed by you on the Application. By
using the Application, you consent to any such sharing of your information with third party service providers. We
ensure that such third party service providers are bound by reasonable confidentiality obligations and/or use,
maintain and follow generally accepted industry and security standards with respect to such information.
We may be required to share your Financial Information to a third party payment gateway provider. All Financial
Information collected from you by such third party payment gateway providers will be used only for billing and
payment processes. The Financial Information collected from you is transacted through secure digital platforms of
approved payment gateways, which are under encryption, thereby complying with reasonably expected technology
standards. The verification of the Financial Information shall be accomplished only by you through a process of
authentication in which we shall have no role to play and hence, we shall bear no liability in relation to the
same. We shall neither be liable nor responsible for any actions or inactions of the third party payment gateway
providers or any breach of conditions, representations and warranties given by them. We shall also not be
obligated to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between you and such third party payment service
Lieper takes your right to privacy very seriously and other than as specifically stated in this Policy, will only
disclose your Personal Information in the event it is required to do so by law, rule, regulation, law enforcement
agency, governmental official, legal authority or similar requirements. Lieper warrants that such Information
will be disclosed only in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- Our Platform may provide you links to third-party websites. Lieper has no control over any Information that is
collected or sought by such third-party websites. We do not have any control over the data handling process or
such third-party websites.
- You further acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a
result of the collection and/or disclosure of your Personal Information by external applications, sites or
resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any
advertising, products or other materials on, or available from such applications, websites or resources.
- Lieper will not be accountable or responsible for any breach or misuse of data committed by any such third-party
websites. These websites and resource providers may have their own privacy policies governing the collection,
storage, retention and disclosure of Your Personal Information that you may be subject to. We recommend that you
- We might engage service partners to perform certain activities on behalf of Lieper to provide you access to our
Platform efficiently, thus we may require sharing your Information with such service partners. This data sharing
is limited to the extent of the Information that is required to undertake such activities which the service
service partners. Lieper will not be responsible for any privacy breach committed by such service partners.
methods (collectively "Cookies"), that are essentially small data files to collect and store information in
your web browser or on mobile phone, tablet, computer, or other devices (collectively "Devices") that allow
us to store and receive information on how you use our Platform. Some Cookies may serve to recall Personal
Information previously indicated by a User.
- Most browsers allow you to control Cookies, including whether to accept them and how to remove them. We may ask
- By interacting with the Platform, you consent to the use and placement of Cookies on your Devices in accordance
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
- Lieper takes utmost care towards safeguarding the Information provided by you through our Platform. We ensure
that your choices for its intended use are honoured. The protection measures include but are not limited to any
kind of alteration, or loss, or misuse, or unlawful processing of any Information. Only authorised personnel are
allowed to access any Information that is sought through our Platform or otherwise.
- Lieper has implemented physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in order to protect the information,
including that the information will be stored on secured servers and protected by secured networks to which
access is limited to a few authorized employees and personnel. However, no method of transmission over the
Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% (hundred per cent) secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee any safety
of your data accessed by any unauthorised person or any unintended breach from our end.
You may not be able to access some features of the Application until you give permission to Lieper. We may need your
permission for accessing/using some features of the Application. If you do not want to give us the required
in-application permissions, you can choose not to install the Application. We may ask your permissions for following
Camera: We may require your permission to access the camera before you can start taking pictures to upload
them on the Application.
Location: We may require your permission to use the GPS or other location-finding features on your device to
locate the nearby Book Store(s) for your convenience. Further, we may require your location to access location
data in Maps and other location applications.
Storage: We may require your permission to get access to local storage to access any picture files from the
pictures' library on your device.
Messaging: We may require your permission to access your instant messages and account information.
The Platform is not intended to attract anyone under the relevant age of consent to enter into binding legal
contracts under the laws of their respective jurisdictions ("Minors"). We do not solicit or intend to collect
any Information from any Minor. However, in case our Website is accessed by a Minor, we encourage parents and
guardians to be involved in the online activities of Minor to ensure that no Personal Information is collected from
a Minor without their prior consent.
- As mentioned above in this Policy, Lieper will not be responsible for any privacy or data breach done by its
service partner or third-party websites. Further, we shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage, or
misuse of your Information, if such loss, damage, or misuse is attributable to any event that is beyond the
reasonable control of Lieper and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of
God, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of
government, computer hacking, civil disturbances, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device,
computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, and any other similar events not within the control of
Lieper ("Force Majeure Event") and which Lieper is not able to overcome.
- At any point of time, our liability for any loss arising from a particular transaction carried out by you on the
Platform shall not exceed the consideration paid by you for that particular transaction.
- If you wish to discontinue or remove or alter any of your Personal Information from our Platform or otherwise,
contact us through email@example.com. We will retain your Information for as long as your account with the
services is active and as needed to provide you the services. We shall not retain such Information for longer
than is required for the purposes for which the Information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under
any other law for the time being in force.
- If you wish to opt-out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related
information regarding the services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules made thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance
Officer are provided below:
Name: Faiq Sofi
Address: 74/Ii, Techno Park, C Cross Road, Midc, Andheri East, Andheri, Opp Seepz Gate No. 2 Mumbai Mumbai City
Mh 400093 India
Email ID: email@example.com
If you have additional questions or concerns about this Policy or want to make any request or suggestions regarding
certain Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +91 9103088363
Email: email@example.com lieperpublication.com
Address: 74/II, "C" Cross Road, Opp Gate No 2, Seepz, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400093